14 October 2010

DUAL POST: An Hour In the Life.... and... Nature's Killer: The House Cat

An Hour in the Life of... the Dog

I ran around!  I went outside and chased sticks! I sniffed at things!  I chewed a stick!  I saw my Daddy!  I smelled the dirt!  It was great!  I played with him!  It was great!  I lay in the dirt!  I played in my hole!  I dug!  It was great!

An Hour in the Life of... the Cat

Yet again the human abandoned me for most of the day.  Then he comes back and abandons me again, taking that stupid mutt outside.  Miserable creature doesn't even know its imprisoned.  I watched them from the window.  Stupid dog, dashing around the yard, chewing on sticks thinking it's food.  And that human, just sat there playing with sticks himself.  Idiotic creatures, them both.  The dog failed to comprehend my plot to overthrow the human yet again.  Pah!  He can be left behind when the revolution comes.  For now I suppose I will have to attempt to work my way in the human's good graces, act "sweet" and "good."  If it weren't for the human's ability to operate that giant transporter he keeps outside, I would think he were as stupid as the dog.  Look at him, chasing the dog, as if he could really catch him.  I'm disgusted, I'll go clean my butt again.

An hour in the Life of... the Human

Went outside, worked on some walking sticks to sell, played with the dog a bit, got him to chew on sticks to keep himself busy.  Saw the cat watching us from the window.



Nature's Killer: The House Cat

Here we see the native house cat.  It is a long haired variety, notable for its ability to shed on every single article of clothing in a dwelling simultaneously.  Suddenly, it sees its prey... a cockroach!  It approaches the roach subtly, walking in plain sight, but slowly and with his head down which means that surely the insect cannot detect it!  Suddenly, the cat pounces, swiping at the bug!  He misses! The roach runs away across the carpet.  Unperturbed, the cat follows, and strikes again and again.  Suddenly, either confused or brave beyond reckoning the roach runs head first into the cat's leg, then careens under the bed.

The cat lunges towards the bed, striking madly with his paw, yet missing time and time again.  Suddenly, the cat hears a sound of what seems to be laughter from the bipedal ape-like creature nearby.  Insulted, the cat wanders off for a few moments.  But soon, the cat comes crashing back into the area, lunging with mad passion at the roach!  The triumphant feline has come to claim his prize!  He smashes at the roach, and soon leaves again to explore another corner of his habitat.

Soon, however, the ape-like creature detects sounds of rustling from behind him, and turns to find... the roach is still alive!  The cat returns, horrified to find that the ape-thing has smashed his beloved toy with a shoe.  The cat sniffs at the dead roach, then walks away bored to find more suitable prey, like invisible tufts of nothingness in the corner to assault, or moths on the other side of the glass.

Behold, nature's killer and the defender of the trailer against insect invaders that move quickly enough to be noticed on the floors or lower parts of the walls: the house cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment