02 August 2010

From the Bleachers


I just got off of the phone with Sparky. And as I got off of the phone, I stepped back from myself, sat in the bleachers so to speak, and looked at what had just happened. Before he called, I was still worked up, stressed, blah, blah, and blah. After, I just felt... refreshed. The opposite of how I woke up this morning, actually. I woke up tired, sore from sleeping the wrong way, grouchy, panicky because I forgot that today was the second, not tomorrow, all that fun stuff. Then I talk to him for... wow, must have been about an hour. Nothing overly important, just chatting. And I'm relaxed again. Still a bit sore, but it's not driving me crazy as much (until I go to lay down and sleep at least).

So sitting out in the bleachers as I am, I figure that I might as well look and see what else is going on with me that I haven't noticed yet. My somewhat shaky confidence is returning (I've been painting my floors in an unusual way, but I absolutely love it even if it is funky). My posture even seems to be straighter after talking to him.

And thanks to the cat mewing at the door and running way, I've been kicked out of the metaphorical bleachers and I've lost my entire train of thought. And he's back at it. So as punishment for ticking me off, being finicky, and rather ruining my blog post, he will now have to sit out the remainder of it upside on my lap, facing the computer screen so he can see that I, too, have things that I want to do. He is rather cute this way, although the pensive tail flapping is aggravating.

Well, since I seem unable to finish off the post I had started, but I do not yet want to let him go free to annoy me again, let me relate a story. There is no point to the story, nor is it particularly related to anything mentioned thus far. When I was in kindergarten, we went on a trip to the park. I remember absolutely nothing about the trip other than sitting on the bench (or whatever you'd call the slabs of wood around the big oak trees that aren't actually benches but serve as them), and all of a sudden I'm covered in fire ants. I of course freak out because of this. My mom, who was one of the chaperones, and the teacher run over and start knocking them off of me. The odd thing was that I didn't get a single bite. Both my mom and the teacher got a few, but the screaming, panicking kid who was covered with them didn't at all. Of course, that's the last time the ants ever showed me mercy. But still, it was rather memorable.

Ah, well, I suppose the cat has served his time, despite an escape attempt, so it's time to end this.

No comments:

Post a Comment