03 September 2010

Artist Boys and Raccoons

Let me start off in reverse order by saying that I am seriously starting to hate raccoons.  I noticed that the far end floodlight was on, and went down there to see what was going on.  Nothing in site, but then I heard odd noises coming from my roof.  Being metal, my roof has a bad habit of making every single thing heavier than a leaf sound like an elephant.

Guessing correctly that my little friends had returned, I walked (with a bowl of cereal I might add) into the living room, and noticed a shadow moving outside my porch.  By the size, I'd guess that the mother raccoon was climbing down a tree.  Much to Lincoln's distress and my annoyance, her cubs seemed to be playing chase up and down the length of the trailer.  That was about five minutes ago, and they have just now decided to vacate my roof from the sounds of it.  Seriously, it sounded like a human up there at first, this roof is LOUD.

Now, as to why I was up and about with a bowl of cereal after 1 in the morning.  I had just finished painting.  Notice, I had not intended to start painting tonight, and if I was going it it would have been started well before midnight.  But no, I was laying in bed, starting a new book when 3 pages into it, I realize I've been staring at the same paragraph for a while, with an intense urge to go paint, which I had already done earlier in the day as well.

This makes me wonder about Sparky's sanity.

Yes, that is a bit of a leap, but follow me here.

Sparky knows I'm an artist.  He's heard me talk about enough things and odd habits and what not to know more or less what he's getting into.  What person in their right mind wants to be involved with someone who spontaneously gets up at midnight to start painting, when already settled into bed with a book?  I don't mind doing it, and I know I'm crazy, but I don't particularly want to be with someone who would do that.  Ah, well, at least I live alone, and there is nobody to get annoyed about it other than the pets, who will apparently be disturbed by raccoons soon enough as it is.

Bloody things.  I hope they grow up soon and move far far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment