15 November 2010

Incommunicado


Lately I have had great trouble in making myself do much of anything that involves communication technology, be it computer or phone.  Apart from Sparky, it's been very hard to make myself do so much as send a simple text message, much less call someone.  Not that I've had to much, of late.  By email I only correspond with one person, and he finally sent another email asking what was going on since I hadn't responded to his last email in quite some time (weeks probably).  Even that took me three days to respond to.

To be fair, those three days were pretty busy.  Highlighted by Saturday, when I went to Epcot with Sparky, Sparky's mom, Sparky's mother's friend, and Sparky's mother's friend's daughter.

I feel a bit guilty here for making that seem much more crowded and complicated than it really was, but it was rather fun to build upon each level of acquaintance.  There were five of us, and we've done stuff together before.  This was no different except it was all day (a very long one, but very fun) and involved two two-hour drives, as well as insufficient road signs.  It's just wrong to have a sign for one road at every single intersection for a while then to suddenly stop mentioning it.  Makes you think you missed it.

But oh well, we all had fun, and we all got home in one piece.  The photo was taken there, in what was the best section of the whole park in my opinion.  No rides there, but that was perfectly ok for me (although I do love the rides, and was wishing for an all-out roller coaster).  The only point of contention for me (apart from crowds and prices) was knowing a bit too much about certain things than is good for someone trying to enjoy an educational ride.  Partly out-dated animatronics, partly artistic liberty unchecked by scientific fact.  That and the fact that it was so incredibly euro-centric that it wasn't even worth a joke about.

I have once again strayed from my point.  Let me just wind it up because this whole anti-communication thing is kicking in again.  It's been getting harder and harder to do these blog posts lately because I just haven't felt like doing anything about it.  Possibly part of that part is that I'm doing enough art-work that I'm getting my creative fix.  Who knows.

This is amusing though.  I just clicked the spell checker included in the blog editing mumbo jumbo magic box that I type and things appear on the blog page (which does not like for you to type more than two or three letters while it's on, it cuts you off), and it isn't nearly as good as the Safari (or is it just the Mac itself maybe?) spell checker.  Namely "ok" and "animatronics" were picked up by this thing, while the Safari (web browser) knew they were ok.

One last note.  I am very proud of myself for being able to type animatronics correctly on the first try.

No comments:

Post a Comment