17 June 2010

In the Wake of Chaos


In the past few days, I have been in a creative rush. I have completed 8 mixed-media drawings, each 18x24 inches. The image to the right is (was) a work in progress. Much different now. This was the first one I completed, which led to another, and then a third in a series. These have merged into a set of seven (I redid this one in order to preserve the original as a gift), with an interconnecting narrative. Each of those seven drawings, as well as about 4 other images, have been digitally edited to add text, and arranged in a sequence. And having done all that digital work, as well as two of the drawings today, I am tired, I am sore... and I FINALLY don't have the driving urge to make more. What is the moral of the story, you ask? Thank God for coffee. That is it. I'm drinking a cup right now, and I have never felt so glad for a beverage, nor so relieved to be able to focus again after cursing and cussing the computer for not agreeing with me. It seems I could have simply used a different program and saved the bulk of those two hours. I find out promptly after finishing all of the work. Sigh... Thank God for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment