28 June 2010

When you are flying around and around the world

The last week has been one hell of a week. Which explains why I haven't touched this blog in quite a while. What all should be said about it, on such a publicly anonymous site? I do have a few people who look at this, but I have no real secrets from them. Thingsthat I haven't mentioned yet, but not secrets. But they're good at reading behind the lines, so they can figure it out. And there is one person who may or may not read this who will know exactly what I'm talking about if (s)he does.

I have a friend in the same state that I live in now. Amazing, isn't it? One of those oddly smooth accelerated
friendships where once you start to get to know each other, things just click right and you end up seeing a lot of each other. Three days over the course of a week, twice in one day, adding up to the majority of that day and the beginning of the next. It's been very nice. And things are still progressing, in new and hopeful ways. But they'll be slowing down for the better, I think. Of course, that's what I expected from the get go, so who knows. Whatever. Enough about that for here.

Art-wise, I am now having eleven artworks on display (for sale) in a local cafe´ which is great. Five ceramic pieces and six "reassemblages." For you art types, it's basically constructivism skewed slightly. They're great table-top sculptures. (The one pictured here was a toaster). I'm also working on a more
representationally abstract variation on the theme. Two cuts on my hand working on this, so hopefully it'll be worth it. I'm also looking into having more traditional work displayed in a local art gallery, but that one's a good bit away from now.

Well, apart from all that I've been busy helping out with the cafe´ I mentioned, out of friendship and loyalty than having anything to do with the art portion of things. Even if I was told that none of my art would be displayed, I would still be more than happy to help out. Been fighting off a stomach bug off and on, but that's never materialized into anything serious, so it may have been a reaction to something else. So sorry for the lapse in posts, but I've been busy!

"Nobody knows it but you've got a secret smile

And you use it only for me

Nobody knows it but you've got a secret smile

And you use it only for me



So save me I'm waiting

I'm needing, hear me pleading

And soothe me, improve me

I'm grieving, I'm barely believing now, now



When you are flying around and around the world

And I'm lying alonely

I know there's something sacred and free reserved

And received by me only "
--Semisonic, "Secret Smile"

No comments:

Post a Comment