30 June 2010

The Shoe Drops

From time to time, you manage to salvage a crappy, sickly day into something wonderful. And when everything's going right in the world, for the first time in God knows how long, and everything is wonderful and you're happy, sometimes you just know that there is going to be a fallout. Something lousy will happen, and if not shatter it, then at the very least drastically lower your mood. I always thought that was one of the worst feelings in the world.

I was wrong.

That feeling is nothing next to watching someone you care about go through the very same thing. Especially when you're partly to blame for it. Usually, it will all straighten out, but watching someone go from so happy to crestfallen... it can be heart breaking to see.

Take this picture. (No, this is not what I'm talking about. Can you say metaphor?) This is my cat. That thing he is in is my hamper. I do not keep my hamper on it's side on the floor. He was so proud of himself, because I had moved the hamper and he was curious about what this strange new object was on the other side of the room, so he jumped on top of it. He was happy as could be, perched up there. Then Newton's laws took effect, and the entire thing fell over. The hamper fell one way and the cat took off the other. Namely straight up then out the door. However, once he got his courage back up (in an amazingly short 30 seconds), he realized that he had just created a wonderful new playpen to sit in and gaze at the world, despite the dirty clothes, which didn't phase him in the least.

So what I'm saying, friend of mine, is that I really hope that despite this fallout, everything will quickly right itself back up, and hopefully things are even better after all of this is over. You know that anything I can do to help, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment