19 July 2010

The Junk Food Diet


Since I left college, I have been making an effort (caving in from time to time of course) to eat healthier food, drink less soda, and so on and so forth. For the most part, I've been enjoying it and seem to be benefiting from it. But waking up this morning (okay, at almost noon since I couldn't sleep till after 4 this morning), I felt horrible. I was congested and weak. Nothing overwhelming in and of itself, but it combined enough to leave me useless. The allergy pill did nothing. Resting did nothing. I pulled some stuff out to organize, and those boxes are still sitting there, which is what I did for half an hour.

I decided the hell with it, I was craving crap food so why not. I wasn't up to cooking anyway. So what did I do for a late lunch? A toaster waffle with vanilla fudge twirl ice cream on it. Weird, but really good actually. Dinner was a frozen personal pizza (one of those french bread ones) and chips with a soda. Completely unhealthy.

But now, I feel just about back to normal. I don't know if it was time, junk food, or more hours than I'd care to count of watching netflicks, but I'm feeling ok again. Still a bit iffy, and annoyed with my wireless not quite reaching the tv at times, and the cell phone not wanting to text because it can't find the signal for five minutes... but I'm ok. And I'm just hoping that I can fall asleep before 4 tonight.

Now, back to watching Lois and Clark and trying to resist the temptation of another waffle and ice cream snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment